The city of Přerov is situated on the Bečva River. Its geographical location makes it intersection of ways and heart of Moravia. The derivation of its name is explained by Jan Blahoslav. It is of old-slavonic origin and means grave or first grave. The settlement of the locality dates back to the primeval times, when the mammoth hunters settled there. The first written evidence dates back to 1131. The king Přemysl Otakar II gave Přerov the privilege of the Royal town in 1256. Nowadays Přerov is hospitable place for visitors. What is worth seeing are town protected area as well as valuable exhibits from archeological findings through minerals and entomological collections, remake of old school classes to the Memorial hall of Přerov artists, all of which is to be found in The Comenius Museum situated in the building of the chateau. The chateau tower offers a view of the town and its surroundings, the town park Michalov, flood-plain forest reservation ebračka and Hill of Popovice. Traditional cultural and sport events contribute to the development of tourism as well as comfortable accommodation and broad offer of.
|City plan||Virtual tour||Tourist maps||Urban mass transportation - map|